Friday, November 15, 2013

Paula Dean supporter here!

Now I will state this, I am not a racist. 
I have friends in all colors and do not judge anyone by the color of their skin.

So this is not a rant because I secretly hate black people. 
But I think the repercussions that occurred due to her use of a slur “Ni----“ many years ago was excessive and just flat out unfair in the just of everything.
First of all, that word was not as “forbidden” as it is today. It was a different time. And while I am not saying it is ok, this is hardly a woman running around in a KKK robe.
I know I have said it at a point in life. Just as I have heard people use the term “cracker”, “wetback”, etc to various races.
Also, is this really where there is a need to throw the book at someone?
I mean to lose her job so to speak? When so many others in the public eye have done much much worse … and had little to no recourse or in some cases, and in some cases, benefited them.
 
Now bear with me, like so many do, I am not speaking out of my ass. I have examples to back this up!
Charlie Sheen has been rude, disrespectful, vulgar, insulting etc etc etc… Yet got his own show where his behavior is the shows story line and it has had excellent reviews  
Michael Jackson had repeated allegations of child molestation and continued to sleep with little boys yet was still mainly supported and never lost a single record contract and continued to go on to sell millions of records world wide
Jamie Fox said “I kill all the white people in the movie, how great is that?” But I guess this is just funny?
Priests have molested children for centuries yet have been and still are protected
Too Short has lyrics in a song that encourages “late middle school and early high school” kids to go past trying to get a kiss from girls and “go straight to the hole” virtually telling young adults to just do as they wish to the girls.  Yet he didn’t lose his record contract.  
The video game “Grand Theft Auto” gives high points for “rape” and not only has it remained on the market, sales have been record breaking
Lil Wayne trampled on the US flag in his video yet does not lose his record contract  
But hey, Paula Dean needs to be shown a lesson .
 
Dennis Miller said it best
“All I ask is can we go after radical Islamic jihadists with the same degree of vimi and vigor that we go after food network hosts”
My point, wrong sure. But why is this the one that is made an example of rather than those that are really causing harm to our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment