Monday, April 14, 2014

Oscar Pistorius continued


This case had me calling BS from the first moment I heard his “story”.
I agree with the prosecutor in this case. They fought and then he killed her.
Now before I go on, I have to give Gerrie Nel serious props. This was my dream career. But I just don’t have the confidence or guts.
I don’t recall another cause where the prosecutor was this strong. Although Juan Martinez is a close 2nd.  
Mr. Nel is the first one I have seen in a long time that does not miss a beat. He catches every inconsistency in Oscar’s story and calls him on it. 

Being a lover of “Statement Analysis” I have realized how often normally these lies and inconsistencies occur and no one ever catches on. Kinda like Hannah Anderson stating on national TV that she was threatened not to try to get help by her captor… then moments later says he was “signally for help”. Such a huge WTF moment yet no one ever stopped to ask what she meant by such a glaring contradiction to her entire story line.
Nel does not do this. He catches it and he calls him out on it. Not that Oscar really ever seems to have an answer. He reminds me more and more of Jodi Arias. I don’t recall…. I don’t remember….. So many blanks once he shot the gun. Just like Jodi…

So now back to Oscar.
 
Now, I think that most of us hear the story about how he thought a noise in the small toilet stall was an intruder. I think most of us just flat out do not by this.
I am married. If I wake up in the middle of the night to a noise in our bathroom toilet stall… My instant thought is… its my husband. Not an intruder.
Now sure, he lives in a high crime area….. but lets play that side. You hear a noise in the middle of the night. A window opening… as he is now claiming (one of his many changes to his original statement).
How many of you have heard a noise in the middle of the night and were startled? What did you do? I think most of us will automatically wake up the person next to us in bed. Not grab a gun and shoot at the sound.
Some things are just basic common sense.
This is as simple as the Michael Jackson case. If the 45 year old guy that lives next door invites your 10 year old son to spend the night with him and sleep in his bed you are not gonna just be like sure… You are going to instantly be very concerned.  BECAUSE IT IS NOT NORMAL. Just because Michael Jackson was a professional singer does not change a thing.
Just because Oscar was scared of intruders, does mean he would not say something to Reeva.
My husband heard a loud noise once. Something fell in the living room. He immediately woke me up and told me he heard a noise to stay there. He was protecting me. Oscar trys to claim he was trying to “protect” Reeva but if he was, he would have made sure she was there and made sure she heard him. Period.
But let’s imagine the story he is trying to lay out here…
Now, he has changed his story from they were BOTH asleep and he got up while she was sleeping.  Now he claims she was not just a wake, but “still awake’. Aside from the glaring inconsistency here, lets continue.
 
So he wakes up. Shes already awake. He goes to grab the fan, or the fans (another change)on the balcony but now states he only grabbed them from inside and didn’t actually go out on the balcony. I find this a little harder to see with 2 fans that he just reached out, on his stumps mind you and brought them in. But again, I will continue….
So in these moments when he brings the fan in, Reeva being  awake gets out of bed and he hears nothing….
I guess we are supposed to assume that she is the one that opened the window on her way (despite the claims he is sooo scared of intruders he had his house alarmed and locked up tight) and then after he is screaming at the intruders to “get the f#$% out of his house” Reeva just panics and slams the door.
He is in the bathroom and she is in the toilet yet she never says “It’s me Oscar!”?
 
It seems more like some stealth mission where she sneaks out of the room without making a sound and then never again speaks or says a word. 

So, now what about the neighbors. They clearly stated they heard a man and a woman fighting. Then blood curdling screams before the shots were fired and after first shot.
But I guess they lied about the arguing. I mean, they have a reason for this? Right?
Then the Dr. got up in those seconds as the shots rang out, and saw the bathroom light on. Despite Oscar stating the whole place was dark as he was scared to turn the lights on.
The Dr. is lying too I guess. Right?
I just don’t see why all these people would lie. It makes no sense.
But Oscar has all the reason in the world to lie.
It would not be the first time someone killed their partner in the heat of the moment. It happens every day.
I even think he regrets it. But only because he is facing life in jail.
 
I think his tears are his fear of being locked up forever. Especially in that country. He surely faces many more challenges and dangers in his position.
I would cry at being accused of murder. Even if I was innocent and had never met the person. I would cry. I see no reason why those tears are not for Oscar himself.
Statement analysis of his statements have noted deception.
His story does not make any logical sense.
His contradictions are concerning.

I think he did in fact kill her after an argument.
 
Now if we could just have had someone like Mr. Nell on the case against John and Patsy Ramsey…. I bet John would be in jail today and Patsy would have died behind bars.  
Unfortunately in many cases we have prosecutors that have no business being in the job they hold. Either you care about the law and justice or get a job in another line of work.
 
Now we wait to see what this judge does. I am about 70% sure she will convict him. For now I will be watching the trial anxious to see if he can get Oscar to crack and just admit it.
I have to admit, if anyone could do that… it would be this guy. But facing a life behind bars does give someone a lot more motivation to hold tight to your story.
We shall see.

In the mean time, I saw this on twitter. Appeared to be Gerries twitter but not sure I buy that. But still found this to be funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment